Tuesday, October 11, 2011

CBR Review: Green Arrow #2

I recently reviewed Green Arrow #2 for CBR and, in the process, wrote the following sentences: "What is Green Arrow about? I’ve read the second issue of the newly relaunched/rebooted series a few times and I’m not sure I know. Oliver Queen dresses up and fights crime with a bow and arrow under the name ‘Green Arrow,’ while avoiding his responsibilities at the family business, Q-Core (though no doubt using the company’s resources to fund his superhero hobby). These things happen in various scenes in this comic and, yet, I don’t know why Oliver Queen does anything he does. He doesn’t seem to want anything except to not be a businessman and to obsess over the idea of fighting crime with arrows. The bad guys don’t seem to have any reasons for what they do either. Green Arrow is, I guess, about superhumans who are good because they are good or bad because they are bad, all of whom are drawn by Dan Jurgens and George Perez."

You can read the rest HERE!