Thursday, August 26, 2010

CBR Review: Batman #702

I recently reviewed Batman #702 for CBR and, in the process, wrote the following sentences: "I wasn’t too sure initially about Batman #701-702, with Grant Morrison and Tony Daniel reteaming to provide the ‘missing chapter’ of 'Batman R.I.P.,' presumably for all those that complained it was hard to decipher or follow. A two-issue exercise in hand-holding didn’t sound too appealing, but I’ve really enjoyed Morrison’s work on the character, so I was in. Issue 701 was exactly what I feared when it presented what happened after the climax of 'Batman R.I.P.' up until Final Crisis, filling in ‘gaps’ that never needed filling. This week’s issue 702, though, does something different in its second half as it provides a somewhat essential explanation of what exactly happened to Batman in Final Crisis #6 when he shot Darkseid and was hit by the Omega Sanction in response. More than simple gap-filling, Morrison takes this chance to add new elements to the story currently going on in The Return of Bruce Wayne and Batman and Robin."

You can read the rest HERE!