Thursday, January 01, 2009

CBR Review: Captain America #45

I recently reviewed Captain America #45 for CBR and, in the process, wrote the following sentences: "Captain America is just about as consistent a comic book as you’re likely to find today. Each issue is very much like the last in quality, even going so far as to have an unimaginably consistent look despite numerous artists handling those duties. The book is so consistent that it’s difficult to find new and interesting things to say about it. It's almost easy to forget about this title as it is taken for granted that, each month, Captain America will come out and be quite good."

You can read the rest HERE!

(Also, there was confusion in my original review and Augie tried to fix it, but, when I talk about the art, what I meant was that Ross's art looked rushed and that, as a result, Butch Guice did a few pages, not that Guice's art was poor. Figured I'd clarify that.)