Friday, August 15, 2008

The Splash Page 27: Watchmen Part One

In this week's Splash Page, Tim Callahan and I welcome a special guest in the form of Justin Dickinson, a former student of Tim's. See, he's just read Watchmen, because, despite the movie being a year away, that trailer has got everyone jacked up about it. Tim and I, on the other hand, have read Watchmen before. Many times. And since we have, we tend to blather on and on for quite a while about it to show off how we've read it and thought about it a whole lot. As such, this is only the first part of the discussion, which Tim cut off at a random point of his choosing. I know what comes after and I'm not sure a second column will finish things up. We may be looking at a three-parter here, people. Tim and I have never done a multi-part column before, so we may as well do it big. It's like how, at the end of the first season of The Newsroom, Ken Finkleman did a three-parter, or, how at the end of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Aaron Sorkin did a five-parter (only three episodes were technically connected by title, but the episodes before and after kind of told the beginning and end of the story, so...). I have no idea where I'm going with this.

I do know that if you love Watchmen (and I know you do) you'll read what we have to say about it in THE SPLASH PAGE!!!