Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Special Guest Lecture this Friday

This Friday I am hosting a special guest lecture on comics at Lewis and Clark Community College, the school where I teach. I will be leading a panel discussion with Cullen Bunn, the writer of Oni's The Damned, current Queen and Country artist Chris Samnee, and Pistolwhip creator Matt Kindt. The discussion will focus on the medium of comics, how it differs from other methods of storytelling both creatively and logistically and why they chose to tell their stories in this manner.

The lecture will start at 2pm and will be held in the Olin Theatre of Hatheway Hall. (For directions, you can check my school's website here.) It will last until 3pm, with some brief time for Q&A at the end and a meet-and-greet/book signing in the lobby afterwards.

The event is open to the public and completely free, so if you have any inclination to attend, please do so. You can contact me with any questions at shiggins@lc.edu.